This course allows participants with a basic knowledge of Project Finance to progress to a higher level of understanding across the entire project finance documentation matrix.
This course has been designed to dovetail with – and complement – CCC Training’s eLearning course “The Project Finance Toolbox”. It is delivered online, by means of:
- teaching videos;
- structured study texts;
- self-testing exercises;
- tailored case studies.
The first two modules provide essential background information (on the lenders’ perspective, loan syndication and the finance documentation process) and thereby establish a firm foundation for the subsequent modules, which cover:
- the structure and provisions of the project loan agreements – from a commercial as well as a legal perspective;
- project accounts, financial ratios and the cash flow waterfall;
- other finance documents – such as guarantees, intercreditor agreements and direct agreements;
- the project finance security package.
A term sheet case study draws together these different strands and serves to reinforce and consolidate what has been learned.
On completion of the course, participants will be equipped with a clear understanding of:
- the lenders’ approach to project finance transactions;
- the lenders’ package of finance documents
- project finance from a legal perspective in theory and in practice; and
- the key negotiation and drafting points in finance documentation.
The course is led by Calvin Walker, who shares the knowledge gained from over 25 years’ experience at two major international law firms , where he was lead partner on multiple international project finance transactions.
CCC Training’s eLearning courses provide high-impact training for individuals studying online. For corporate clients who wish to train groups of staff members at the same time, however, the programme content, delivery schedule and materials (including case studies) can be extensively customized and/or be supplemented with online trainer-led webinars.