The Project Finance Toolbox has been designed to deliver an intensely practical set of skills and techniques which can be used to:
a) analyse projects from first principles;
b) and develop debt structures which are tailored to the specific needs of the project under review.
The course has three core components, each of which uses tools and materials which have been “road-tested” over many years of classroom and online training practice :
- The Bare Bones – which provides a basic grounding in limited- recourse finance;
- Risk Assessment, Allocation & Mitigation – in which a detailed risk matrix is used to dissect a project into its component parts and assess / enhance its “bankability”;
- Debt Sizing, Structuring & Testing – building on the work done in the previous two components, this section demonstrates how:
- economic models are used to tailor and stress-test project financing structures; and
- how the interests of sponsors and lenders are balanced during this process.
Tailored case studies and self-testing questionnaires are used during the programme and following the close of the final module to reinforce and consolidate learning.
On completion of the course, participants will have a clear understanding of:
- What project finance is and why it is used / not used in particular cases;
- The corporate structures used in project finance transactions;
- The qualitative risk factors which must be addressed in almost all project financing cases;
- How to enhance the bankability of a project through risk allocation / mitigation;
- The workings of economic models in project financing and how they are used to optimise and stress-test debt structures.
The Project Finance Toolbox has been designed and is delivered by Steve Mills – a trainer with 30 years of banking experience (25 in project finance) and a proven track-record in online and classroom training established over 12 years.
CCC Training’s eLearning courses are designed to provide high-impact training for individuals studying online at their own pace. They can, however, be customized to meet the needs of corporate clients who wish to train groups of staff members. In such cases the delivery schedule and course materials (including case studies) can be tailored as required.