Prior to Commencement of Term
Registrars must complete two key forms:
- Application for Medicare Provider Number Form This needs to be completed at least 8 weeks prior to commencement of term and returned directly to Medicare.
- Application for a General Practice Registrar Placement Form To be signed by Supervisor and Registrar and returned to CCCGPT Head Office.
We recommend that Practice Managers check on provider numbers at least six weeks prior to the commencement of the term because occasionally paperwork can go astray.
You will also need to ensure that:
- The Registrar’s Medical Indemnity Insurance is appropriate for the GP term and obtain a copy
- The Registrar’s prescriber number is attached
- The Registrar has proof of Medical Registration
- A separate provider number is organised for each practice location the Registrar works at, including branch surgeries, private hospitals etc.
- Registrars coming from interstate must first get NSW or ACT medical Registration with the relevant Medical Board before applying for a provider number.
CCCGPT has designed an easy to use checklist for employing new Registrars for your use.