Getting Your Practice Accredited
To participate in CCCGPT’s Registrar and PGPPP programs, practices need to be accredited and have at least 1 GP able to be accredited as the Principal Supervisor for the practice. Additional Supervisors should be appointed where possible to share the teaching opportunities.
The accreditation process is as follows:
- Practice lodges an expression of interest in becoming accredited as a training post
- The Director of Medical Education will arrange a meeting with GP/s from the Practice who would like to become Supervisors and other practice staff as required, to discuss the practices suitability as a training post.
- The practice and supervisors will then submit the formal application.
- An initial accreditation visit will then take place and this will be arranged between CCCGPT, the practice and the accreditation visitor.
- Once accredited the current process for reaccreditation is, a desk audit is conducted at 12 months and again after a further 24 months, and a practice visit at 6 years.
If you would like more information on becoming a training post, please contact [email protected].